Sea Bright Historical Society: Members Wanted
Some news about Monmouth Beach’s good neighbor to the north:
Sea Bright is a small town with a big history. And yet so much of that rich past remains undiscovered and untold. More than a century of remarkable tales about SB people, places and things just waiting to be shared.
That’s the goal of the new and first-ever Sea Bright Historical Society — to seek and share stories and images about our life at the Jersey Shore. To better understand and celebrate our exceptional heritage.
In an effort to underwrite our worthy efforts, the newly-formed Sea Bright Historical Society is conducting a 2018-19 membership drive. The cost for one year is $25 for an individual membership, $40 for a family membership, and $100 for a business/corporate membership.
In addition to our plan to detail and deliver more interesting Sea Bright borough history, membership benefits also include:
• A quarterly digital newsletter e-mailed to all members.
• Invitation to the inaugural SBHS Cocktail Party — to be held within the old AME Church on Church Street. Date to come.
Other SBHS projects include:
• Renovation of the façade at the old SB firehouse on New Street (now the Sea Bright DPW building).
• A recorded “Story Telling” event where people come and talk about Sea Bright’s days of old.
• Publish a Sea Bright 125th Anniversary Book (in 2020) made up of important borough historical notes not to exceed 125 words. Borough families can buy ads in the book.
• Recreate an old Peninsula House menu into a fine dining fundraiser at a SB restaurant.
“If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday.”
Please membership make checks out to SBHS and mail them to:
Sea Bright Historical Society
PO Box 3347
Sea Bright, NJ 07760