Monmouth County’s Finest Young Minds …
Now is the time to consider our wonderful career academies …
With another new school year in session, I highly recommend that local parents and students look into our career academy opportunities. Any pending Monmouth County high school student can try. It’s public education at its finest.
Both my children took advantage of the schools. Each has a Hi Tech High School degree (recently rated NJ’s best high school) — and both are the better for it. Sadly, too many other county families are unaware of this high-caliber offer of learning. I’m frequently amazed by my talks with others parents — who know nothing of this exceptional educational opportunity. Time marches on.
These five elite high schools are in the county’s exceptional career academy system and part of its Vocational School District. The hard work and high achievement being done at these schools fills my heart with hope that our Republic may yet endure.
Each year any 8th grade student in Monmouth County can compete to win a merit-based spot. The educators do a proper job of growing our county’s young talent — our future. For more on information on the schools and Open Houses visit — HERE.
“A well-educated mind always has more questions than answers.”
Here’s the education pride of the county:
• Marine Academy of Science and Technology on Sandy Hook. Opened: 1981; Enrollment: 277.
• High Technology High School in Lincroft. Opened: 1991; Enrollment: 295.
• Academy of Allied Health and Science in Neptune. Opened: 1996; Enrollment: 296.
• Communications High School in Wall Twp. Opened: 2000; Enrollment: 306.
• Biotechnology High School in Freehold Twp. Opened: 2005; Enrollment 317.
Note: Each year US News & World Report publishes its “America’s Best High Schools.” It’s a much coveted designation. The list is usually ripe with county career academy schools.